SCUSD is searching for highly motivated incoming sophomore, junior and senior high school age students to serve as Ambassadors at our Elementary, Middle, and High School summer program sites. We are looking for committed, reliable, and enthusiastic students for these leadership roles. Ambassadors will assist with projects and lead activities specific to their summer program site. At the end of the program Ambassadors will have the opportunity to earn five high school credits and a monetary stipend for their service and completion of project.
SOS Ambassador Qualifications:
1. Be a current incoming sophomore, junior or senior at a SCUSD High School.
2. Be available for interviews. Interviews will be conducted between May 6th, 7th and 8th, 2019.
3. Commit to the entire 6-week program from June 17th – July 25th. (Programs run Monday-Thursday, 8AM-2PM).
4. Attend the mandatory Ambassador Orientations on May 18th (9am-3pm), June 1st (9am-3pm), and June 10th (4:30pm-6:30pm).
5. Students who've participated in a SCUSD summer program in the past are highly encouraged to apply!
SOS Ambassador Responsibilities/Duties:
· Assist with morning check-ins and meal delivery
· Assist assigned project/team lead with weekly deliverables
· Document daily activities as well as weekly journal and reflection
· Attend staff meetings at your summer site
· Plan, lead, and assist with activities including energizers and ice breakers
· Help students become familiar with their campus and school
· Turn in completed Performance Evaluation
· Help each student get the maximum summer experience!
· Complete project by July 26th. (required for stipend)
SOS Ambassador Benefits:
1. Earn five elective high school credits
2. Develop leadership skills
3. Develop employment skills
4. Receive a monetary stipend for your participation!
* Ambassadors must fulfill all responsibilities/duties in order to receive stipend
APPLICATIONS DUE ON APRIL 26, 2019