***Due to Corona Virus closures, we are delaying summer 2020 enrollments until further notice. Please check back on Monday June 29th for further updates.
SCUSD is searching for highly motivated incoming sophomore, junior and senior high school age students to serve as Ambassadors at our Elementary School summer program sites. We are looking for committed, reliable, and enthusiastic students for these leadership roles. Ambassadors will assist with classroom projects and lead activities specific to their summer program site. At the end of the program Ambassadors will have the opportunity to earn five high school credits and a monetary stipend for their service and completion of an assigned project.
SOS Ambassador Qualifications:
1. Be a current incoming sophomore, junior or senior at a SCUSD High School.
2. Be available for interviews. Interviews will take place on May 4th, 5th and 6th, 2020.
3. Commit to the entire 6-week program from June 22nd – July 30th. (Programs run Monday-Thursday, 8am-2pm).
4. Attend the mandatory Ambassador Orientations on May 16th (9am-2pm), and June 19th (9am-2pm).
5. Attend the Graduation Ceremony and submit all materials on July 31st.
6. Ambassador Ceremony will be held at Serna Center from 10am-12pm.
Summer Ambassador Responsibilities/Duties:
· Assist with morning check-ins and meal delivery
· Assist assigned staff with weekly deliverables
· Attend staff meetings at your summer site
· Plan, lead, and assist with activities including energizers and ice breakers
· Turn in completed Performance Evaluation
· Help each student get the maximum summer experience!
· Complete assigned project by July 31st. (required for stipend)
Summer Ambassador Benefits:
1. Earn five elective high school credits
2. Develop leadership skills
3. Develop employment skills
4. Receive a monetary stipend for your participation!
* Ambassadors must fulfill all responsibilities/duties in order to receive stipend
APPLICATIONS DUE ON APRIL 27, 2020